Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Organic Garden...

I really really really want to build and plant an organic garden in my back yard this spring.  It is something that I have been wanting to do for a long time, but just never got around to it.  At one point I actually built my own compost, but had nothing to put my fresh organic soil into. It was a waste.  But now that I know how to do the compost portion of it, I thought that I would at least try to see if I can maintain my own little garden... I love the idea of going out into my back yard and picking fresh herbs and veggies to feed my family.
There are so many health benefits to veggies in general, but making sure that I'm not consuming pesticides, or other harmful products makes growing an organic garden so appealing to me.  Take a look at this website which talks about health benefits of organic foods... yummmy!

I recently came across this video on building your own raised garden bed , and it actually looks like something that I can do...





No comments:

Post a Comment