Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm Back in action...

So I know i've been MIA for a really long time... But believe me, I have thought about returning for a while. Having two little girls under the age of 4 really keeps me busy and ALWAYS up to something.  Lately I have had a lot more of a desire to blog all the ideas I have had in my head.. Its actually a great way for me to keep track of what I want to do around here... I guess I can look at it as my place for organized chaos. My ideas change daily, so hopefully by putting them all in one place I wont change my mind as often.... But I doubt that.

Just recently I was able to finally convince my husband to paint our house.. It has taken almost 2 years, but we finally did it!! He agrees that paint really does make a HUGE difference in not only the appearance of  the house, but also the "vibe".  He loves how "warm" it feels, and I completely agree. But aside from having this "warm" feeling, I am excited that I do not have to see greasy little finger prints all over the flat paint that we had on the walls before.  I can now actually clean the walls without worrying about a section of paint coming off. Wahoo! (its the small things that excite me).
    Now that the painting is done, I have "design fever"... I now want new furniture, new wall decor as well as new landscaping... yes, I know.. I need to slow down.  As my hubby tells me I just need to relax...I guess I'll just focus on the inside of my house first.  The landscaping can wait.. I'll jsut have to keep all my blinds closed so i don't have to see the lack of flowers and trees that are out there. I guess it can wait until next year

Here are some before and after pictures of our house.... keep in mind not all of the decor is back up on the walls.. this is just to show what a difference paint color can make. 
Before w/ Flat paint
Sherwin Williams Antique White

After
Sherwin Williams:  Dapper Tan


Before
Sherwin Willimas: Antique White

 After
Benjamin Moore: Providence Olive


Before
Sherwin Williams:  Antique White

 After
Behr: Garden Wall

 Foyer with paint
Sherwin Williams: Ramie (lighter color)
Sherwin Williams: Dapper Tan (Dining Room)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment