Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day after the 4th.... no burnt fingers or hair (thank the Lord!)


This year my husband and I decided to take on hosting duties for our 'hood's' neighborhood party.  Even though it wasn't the entire neighborhood, we still had about 50 people here at our house.  The day started with a visit to church (to pray to the Lord that everything turn out OK), then breakfast, then back to the house to start the decorating and cooking.  I had several ideas leading up to the party on things that I wanted to do.. I wanted to make lemonade cupcakes, chicken BBQ sandwiches as well as broccoli slaw and regular coleslaw.  Everything came out great except for some slightly burnt cupcakes.
I am happy to say though, that the one thing  I was most nervous about, the pulled chicken BBQ turned out better than i thought it would.   I threw it in the crock pot at 8am and took it out at 3pm, just before the party... It was a HUGE success.. I have to give full credit to the Famous Daves Rich n Sassy BBQ sauce for giving it such amazing flavor.  It is my ultimate favorite BBQ sauce, and it really did make the chicken taste amazing.
 After everyone ate it was time to start the firework show.. I should have guessed  that with hosting duties come firework responsibility.  Between my husband and a buddy of his, they were able to put on a pretty decent show.  I wasn't too thrilled about him being partly responsible of the fireworks, but
I could tell that he was very excited about it.  There were a couple times during the lighting that couple fireworks exploded before they took off into the air.. I thought that I was going to see my husband running around in flames after that, but luckily there was no such thing.  Once the show was over I felt like I could breathe again.  I can honestly say that I love firework shows, but not when being done by my husband..


No comments:

Post a Comment